02/05/2007

don't panic. I'm alive

This post is going to be 3 for the price of 1 as I have fallen behind with the old updating malarkey. So, to bring you up to speed, Monday started in Banwen, with some digital camera troubleshooting. Its always a worry when people have a problem with these an they ask you to save their pictures because if you make a mistake then the pictures are gone forever . . .eek!

The afternoon brought me back to the ARC before heading down for a meeting with communities first in Ammanford who've just invested in a shiny new macbook in black. So we planned a new course of activities (keep your eyes peeled for a comm. first blog...) which will keep us busy down west for a good few months to come!


Tuesday arrived as usual,(always a relief when days don't go missing) and Glynneath's pop in session was hectic! With two meetings running simultaneously and then people dropping in we were restricted to just one cup of tea! I know, pretty serious stuff eh?

We dropped down into Banwen to deliver their PCSurgery mouse mats and Pens, so it was smiles all around up on the mountain, I felt like Santa on Christmas morning! Then I treated myself to a quick jaunt over to the playground outside and carried out a risk assessment on behalf of the centre... I documented some of my findings,
here you can see that the swings are safe for use ->
Wednesday brought more sunshine with it and another busy day in the ARC. We had a few people pop in for help, including our very own technician Nicholas Jones, who had a problem with his digital camera - rumours that he cracked the lens posing are unsubstantiated...
Our caretaker Ayhan also took time out from being the most helpful man in south wales to find out how to use the bluetooth function on his mobile phone. It took a little bit longer than I first anticipated though due to the fact that his phone's menus are all written in turkish! Whilst I was puzzling over the
çeviri of the menus (you'll have to google to see my linguistic skills) Ayhan thought he'd see if wearing my glasses would help him with the computer -> the jury is still out on that one...


No comments: