24/04/2007

Petrol, pyros and participants

I had a shortage of petrol this morning so I decided to take action and found myself filling the taxman's pockets further at 8:45am. It seems to also be the time that all the local mums do their weekly shop at the tesco filling station, and when said station has only one member of staff...whoopee!

I rolled out with a full tank of gas (one for my american readers) approximately 20 mins later than anticipated and headed over to the ARC. It was a short window before we had to leave for glamorous Glynneath, so I raced to print my expenses for 2nd Lieutenant Grey to approve - only to be informed that I had ignored an email requesting I use a new and improved sheet - sorry Bobby! Thankfully I wasn't court-martialled and returned to duty as normal.


The pop-in session was absolutely manic (well, 3 people but by comparison to last week...) and we helped a local guinea pig rescuer (as in a human who rescues guinea pigs, not a really courageous guinea pig) to set up a blog (We should really be endorsed by Blogger! Any offers welcome) which you can check out here, however, its not suitable for anyone with a phobia of the Cavia porcellus. We also had our pioneering pensioners - the 'Authors Too' who must have had a fair few weetabix (other cereals are available) this morning to produce so much content for their blog. At one point I considered locating a fire extinguisher to cool the keyboards...Above is a pic of Eric 'lightning fingers' and Ian 'the tornado typist' hard at work.

Then it was back to cafe ARC in Portmead for a bite to eat, and I manged to nearly set the cafe on fire without touching anything, like that chap in the fantastic four! After avoiding combustion we planned some editing for the mountains of video footage we've accumulated, listened to Lisa's sister singing online and wrapped up the working day...

This blog was crafted to the dulcet tones of Cake's 'Fashion Nugget' and Weezer's 'The Green Album'