27/04/2007

cutting the rug

Its that Friday feeling for most (apart from us suckers who are working tomorrow!) and what better place to round off my week than Ammanford in all its market day glory. If any of you are stumped for gift ideas for my birthday (its only 7 months away, start saving) then I can assure you that you won't go wrong if you make a purchase from one of the stalls here. Check out this little beauty I saw today :
Not only is it a striking tiger, its a fluffy fleece blanket! I can't believe I've managed to get by without one so far...I'll keep you posted on any other hidden gems I uncover from week to week, like a personal David Dickinson.

After the excitement of the market I started a digital story with Steven that will transport you to the other side of the world. Young Steven has been adventuring all over the world and has got thousands of amazing pictures from his travels, although he did seem to attract enormous, mean looking spiders in each country he visited, and even ate a cooked tarantula!(He must have swallowed a fly first - Ha!)

Heres the view from the top floor of the AVE building,

Exciting stuff I know, but whilst I was up there I spotted an incident on the other side where a pedestrian had slipped and an ambulance had popped along to make sure they were ok, and I caught a snap from up on top of the town. Its amazing how many people stopped their cars to gawp and nearly caused huge accidents!


After Steven left to crack on with his story I headed down the stairs (with caution, like the signs told me too) and helped a rather excitable Karen start her own Blog so head over and check it out. Then it was back to Abertawe for our dcn staff meeting in Deb's house!

Lifetime rocked the songs that powered this post...

No comments: