18/04/2007

Glynneath and beyond

I clocked in early at the ARC to print out some posters and flyers for our 'pop in 4 help!' session in Glynneath, which was due to start at 10am over 20 miles away. No problems I hear you say, with well over an hour to print and run I'd be arriving with time for a cuppa before Kick off! However, when entering the ARC its near impossible to do anything without being sidetracked into bizarre, off-topic conversations ranging form ghosts to blogs to online karaoke and that's just with Deb!

I made it to the training centre with seconds to spare and proceeded to walk the mean streets of Glynneath, putting posters up in the local shops and chatting to the (mostly eccentric) proprietors. Then it was back for a refreshing cup of fairtrade tea in the centre before hitting the road to Tairgwaith.

Before I could begin the basic IT session in the community centre I had to negotiate the roadworks in Pontardawe which is always a pleasure, especially as I seem to end up behind enormous, smelly rubbish lorries each time I'm there. So you spend the duration of the hill hoping that the behemoth in front of you refrains from dumping the putrid contents of its trailer on your bonnet as it ascends the mountain...


Arriving later than anticipated but thankfully rubbish free I enjoyed chatting with Tommy about his time spent in the far flung corners of the world whilst debating the pros and cons of cutting and pasting between different software packages. Then we looked at using google earth and I had an extended tour of downtown aberdeen (as seen from space!).

Then it was back to Swansea where I was on the prowl for an exciting photo for the blog, but I got distracted by my friend Cameron who was visiting his mum in work. He'd been off school because he's got chicken pox and had been bouncing on his trampoline all day...If only you could have chicken pox twice! Anyhow, here's a picture of Lisa trying on Claire's new shades...